File-Split for Atom
An Atom package that allows you to separate your file at cursors into multiple files.
Install Atom 1.30 or newer
In the terminal, install the package via apm:
apm install file-split
- Install Atom 1.30 or newer
- Launch Atom
- Open Settings View using Cmd+, on macOS or Ctrl+, on other platforms
- Click the Install tab on the left side
file-splitin the search box and press Enter
- Click the "Install" button that appears
ctrl-alt-n to split cursor points on files into separated untitled files.
How It Works
- Set cursors to the points you wish for it to break into separate files.
- If you need more help on how to make more cursors, see This section in the Flight Manual.
- Use the default key-binding: ctrl-alt-n
- You can remap the keybindings, see This section in the Flight Manual to know how.
- It should now create untitled files to the right with the content that you've separate on.
- Save the files however you wish.