Clinical Quality Language (CQL) Support in Atom
Adds syntax highlighting to CQL files in Atom, a free and open source editor.
How to Install
The cql-language package has been published to the Atom package repository, so installation is simple:
- If you don't have Atom, download and install it.
- Install the cql-language package by follow the instructions for installing packages a. The cql-language package requires both a Java v1.8 runtime and a correct Java Path. If the installation fails to detect either, you will be prompted to download and install Java and/or set a correct Java Path.
Using the CQL support in Atom
After you've installed the cql-language package, open any .cql file in Atom. As long as the file has the .cql extension, syntax highlighting will be automatically applied.
NOTE: Syntax highlighting makes editing and reviewing CQL files easier, but does not validate the technical or syntactic validity of the CQL statements. This package does not flag invalid CQL.
More About the Clinical Quality Language
The Clinical Quality Language (CQL) is a domain specific language for expressing electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM) and clinical decision support rules (CDS) in an author-friendly computable format. Find out more about CQL:
- clinical_quality_language on GitHub
- Clinical Quality Expression Language at HL7
- S&I Clinical Quality Framework (CQF)
Local Plugin Development
- uninstall the language-cql package if you have it installed
npm installin the root directory to install dependencies
apm linkto create a symbolic link from the git directories to the working directory
- working directory can be found at .atom\packages\language-cql
- reload workspace to get updates (ctr-shift-f5)
Copyright 2014 - 2015 The MITRE Corporation
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.