HTTP2/gRPC Debugging Proxy
cargo install proxide
Run the proxide UI listening on port
1234, bridging connections to
localhost:8888 and using
descriptions to decode the traffic.
proxide monitor -l 1234 -t localhost:8888 --grpc my.proto dependent.proto third.proto
Bridge the local port
remote.server:8888 while capturing the
network traffic to file
capture.bin for later analysis.
proxide capture capture.bin -l 8888 -t remote.server:8888
View the previously captured file uing
service.proto to decode the gRPC
proxide view capture.bin --grpc service.proto
Proxide is currently under development
The basic decoding works, but there are still few "production quality" features missing.
- Proxy arbitrary HTTP/2 traffic.
Decode gRPC communication.
Support multiple proto-files and/or proto-file with
- Support multiple proto-files and/or proto-file with
Better TUI tooling.
- Search/highlight support.
- Well we got request/response exporting at least!
- Follow communication streams.
- Switch between different encoders manually (Raw, Headers, gRPC).
- Better support for corrupted/incomplete message display.
- Import/Export session.
- Support streaming JSON/Protobuf/etc. output for graphical UI integration.
- Support TLS
- Support HTTP/1.x upgrades
- Support for acquiring stacktraces from local requests with thread-id headers.
- HTTP/1.x support