A toolkit for stoichiometry.
balance: Balances a chemical equation
yield: Calculates percent yield
- given a fully balanced chemical reaction, and respective masses (in grams)
$ stoichkit --help stoichkit 0.2.0 USAGE: stoichkit <SUBCOMMAND> FLAGS: -h, --help Prints help information -V, --version Prints version information SUBCOMMANDS: balance help Prints this message or the help of the given subcommand(s) yield
$ stoichkit yield "2*Al" 2.8 "3*Cl2" 4.25 "2*AlCl3" 4.889 Yield: 0.91756254
$ stoichkit balance Al Cl2 = AlCl3 2 Al + 3 Cl2 = 2 AlCl3
- Clone this repo
- With cargo installed, run
cargo build --release
./target/release/stoichkitor copy that binary to a bin folder.
stoichkit equation balancer uses the
nalgebra-linalg solver, which requires a BLAS installation.
On macOS BLAS can be installed via
brew install openblas.
- Accept all reagents and determine limiting reagent.
- Add desktop GUI (maybe)
Use StoichKit to power a web UI (
- Implement chemical equation balancer
- Test linear algebra suite on other platforms