Trooper is a Java module like framework that provides various runtime profiles for building applications. Batch, Service and Orchestration runtime profiles are currently supported. It is an umbrella project for a number of things:
- Build Service Oriented applications that can be distributed and scaled.
- Create a Java module-like system to build runtime profiles that applications can choose from : Basic, Service, Orchestration, Batch etc.
- Implement a number of patterns suited for scalability and deployment on commodity hardware. E.g. sharding, statelessness, data locality, fail-fast, checkpointing and recovery.
- Sub-projects that may be used totally independent of Trooper. E.g. the "mule-transport-rabbitmq" is a Maven project providing a RabbitMQ transport for Mule.
- Provide data models suited for service interactions, event driven design and metrics collection
|Version 2.0.2||May 2017||Bug fix for Jetty loading in non-Unix OS|
|Version 2.0.1||Oct 2016||Removed bottleneck in PlatformEventMultiCaster|
|Version 2.0.0||May 2016||Jdk 1.8, Removed logback as default. Uses only slf4j|
|Version 1.3.4||Feb 2016||Support for multiple component containers|
Changelog can be viewed in CHANGELOG.md file (https://github.com/regunathb/Trooper/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md)
Documentation and Examples
The Trooper "examples" project group demonstrates usage of various application profiles supported by Trooper. Documentation is continuously being added to the Wiki page of Trooper (https://github.com/regunathb/Trooper/wiki)
For discussion, help regarding usage, or receiving important announcements, subscribe to Trooper mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/trooper-users
Trooper is licensed under : The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Here is a copy of the license (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt)
- Regunath B (@regunathb)
- Shashikant Soni (@shashiks)
- Srikanth PS (@srikanthps)
- Devashish Shankar (@devashishshankar)
- Jagadeesh Huliyar (@jagadeesh-huliyar)
( Write to us if you are a Trooper user and would like to be mentioned here )
Flipkart - large eCommerce portal in India
- Catalog update propagation to website uses Trooper Batch and Orchestration profiles
- Notification platform uses Trooper Batch and Orchestration profiles
- Review Summarization processing pipeline is built using Sift and Trooper Batch
- Phantom (Service Proxy) uses Trooper Basic profile and HBase persistence libraries. Mobile API platform is built on Service Proxy.
R&D department of a big company providing national electricity in France
Uses Trooper Batch profile in an application that helps researchers to do theirs statistics studies. It is used to import new data daily from many sources.