The JDEE is an add-on software package that turns Emacs into a comprehensive system for creating, editing, debugging, and documenting Java applications.
About the project
As of 2015-07-13, https://github.com/jdee-emacs/jdee/ is the primary source repository.
See CHANGES.md for migration instructions.
Emacs 24.3 is the oldest version that JDEE can be expected to run in.
JDEE requires JDEE Server for some operations.
Install from distribution
The project is available in MELPA.
For more information, see the installation instructions.
Build from source options
- Run tests:
To use this built distribution without installation, in your .emacs add:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/jdee") (require 'jdee)
Some of the features of JDEE include:
- source code editing with syntax highlighting, auto indentation using the native GNU Emacs Java mode
- Symbol completion (jdee-complete-in-line)
- Code generation: templates, import insertion/deletion/ordering etc.
- browse JDK doc, using the browser of your choice (jdee-help-symbol and jdee-help-docsets)
- browse your source code (jdee-find-class* and semantic integration)
- compilation with automatic jump from error messages to responsible line in the source code using ant (jdee-ant-build).
- run Java application in an interactive (comint) Emacs buffer
- integrated debugging with interactive debug command buffer and automatic display of current source file/line when stepping through code (jdee-debug)
- supports Oracle/OpenJDK Java 7
- runs on any platform supported by GNU Emacs 24.3 and later
- easily and infinitely customizable
- Static imports don't quite work
- Limited support for Java template beyond basic highlighting, parsing, and indenting.
- Indentation after multi-line annotations might be unexpected
- If you notice a bug, open an issue on Github Issues
Always include JDEE and Emacs versions when reporting issues. Thanks!
- The mailing list is still hosted by
sourceforge. It includes
- Paul Kinnucan (original author and contributor)
- Paul Landes (current maintainer)
- Shyamal Prasad (current maintainer)