Welcome to Homeward Found
A Purple Martins 2014 Final Project
Team members: Jeuel Wilkerson, John Akers, Allie Reilly, Ernie Salazar, Steven Leu
What is Homeward Found?
Homeward Found is a web app built for helping users find lost pets. A user will be able to create a listing for a lost pet or a pet they found and have the application return potential matches. They would then be able to contact someone who has found their pet.
User stories (core)
- A user can reach the application and see a map of lost pets, sighted pets, and sighted pets that have been picked up
- A user can create an account and log in
- A user can create a listing for a lost pet
- A user can create a listing for a pet sighting
- A user can create a listing for a pet they've picked up
Considered Technical Features/Goals
- Lightweight Ruby on Rails backend with a search matching algorithm that returns a JSON response
- One page responsive application with dynamic forms and user interactions
- Geolocation via HTML 5
- Google Maps API integration to handle mapping