Build a business application utilizing a Rails API for the back-end and Ember-CLI for the front-end. Based on the Rails + Ember.js (with the Ember CLI): Redux tutorial by Tony Coconate.
Utilized the following project specific gems:
- Active Admin is a Ruby on Rails framework for creating elegant backends for website administration.
- Devise is a flexible authentication solution for Rails based on Warden.
- Grape is a REST-like API micro-framework for Ruby.
- Grape::ActiveModelSerializers will search for serializers for the objects returned by your grape API.
- GrapeSwaggerRails is a Swagger UI as Rails Engine for grape-swagger gem that provides an autogenerated documentation for your Grape API.
gem 'rack-cors', :require => 'rack/cors'
- Rack CORS Middleware provides support for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) for Rack compatible web applications.
Utilized the following development environment gems:
- Better Errors replaces the standard Rails error page with a much better and more useful error page.
- MetaRequest is a supporting gem for Rails Panel (Google Chrome extension for Rails development).
- Quiet Assets turns off the Rails asset pipeline log.
- Spring is a Rails application preloader.
Utilized the following development and test environment gems:
- Capybara helps you test web applications by simulating how a real user would interact with your app.
- capybara-screenshot used with Capybara and Cucumber, Rspec or Minitest, will capture a screen shot for each failure in your test suite.
- Database Cleaner is a set of strategies for cleaning your database in Ruby.
- factory_girl_rails is a fixtures replacement with a straightforward definition syntax, support for multiple build strategies (saved instances, unsaved instances, attribute hashes, and stubbed objects), and support for multiple factories for the same class (user, admin_user, and so on), including factory inheritance.
- Faker is a port of Perl's Data::Faker library that generates fake data.
- Poltergeist is a driver for Capybara. It allows you to run your Capybara tests on a headless WebKit browser, provided by PhantomJS.
- pry-nav is a simple execution control in Pry, teaching it about step, next, and continue to create a simple debugger.
- pry-rails is used to avoid repating yourself by copying the initializer to every rails project. This is a small gem which causes rails console to open pry. It therefore depends on pry.
- pry-stack_explorer is a plugin for the Pry REPL that enables the user to navigate the call-stack.
- Pry Theme is a plugin for Pry, which helps you to customise your Pry colors via prytheme.rb files.
- rspec-rails is a testing framework for Rails 3.x and 4.x.
- Shoulda Matchers provides RSpec- and Minitest-compatible one-liners that test common Rails functionality.
- spring-commands-rspec implements the rspec command for Spring.
Utilized the following project specific libraries:
bower install moment --save