This software is still under active development. Don't expect full-featured, polished software just yet.
Next generation host and process monitoring for server applications. Inspired by a decade of using monit but a complete rethink of what's necessary for modern applications.
What it does:
- Monitor upstart-, runit-, systemd- or launchd-managed services
- Monitor process memory and CPU usage
- Monitor host CPU, load, swap and disk usage
- Alert if processes disappear or change PID
- Alert if processes or host goes over defined RAM or CPU utilization
- Signal deploy start/stop to silence alerts during deploy
What it doesn't:
- monitor arbitrary processes, services must be init-managed
- have any runtime dependencies at all, not even libc.
See the Inspeqtor wiki for complete documentation.
Linux 3.0+. It will run on OS X. FreeBSD is untested. It uses about 5-10MB of RAM at runtime.
Inspeqtor Pro is the commercial version of Inspeqtor and offers more features, official support and a non-GPL license:
- Monitor legacy sysvinit services with PID files
- Monitor daemon-specific metrics (e.g. redis, memcached, mysql, nginx...)
- Send alerts to Slack or other team chat rooms
See the wiki documentation for in-depth documentation around each Pro feature.
Licensed under GPLv3.