LinkedLog Xcode Plugin
LinkedLog is a Xcode plugin that includes a Xcode PCH file template that adds the macros
LLog macro will work like
NSLog but additionally prints the file name and line number of the call.
LinkedLog then parses the logs and adds links to the corresponding file and line.
- Build the project to install the plugin. The plugin gets installed in
- Restart Xcode for the plugin to be activated.
Alternatively, install it using Alcatraz plugin manager.
- In Xcode select add files to the project.
- Select the PCH File+LLog file template from the LinkedLog templates section.
- Navigate to your build settings, search for prefix and add the created file to "Prefix header"
- Replace all
Whenever you want a log message, use
LLog(@"string with format: %@", @"'format'"); just as
The messages will be omitted when building without
DEBUG build variable.
To force logs to also appear with production build configs use
Bugs and limitations
If you want to contribute, send me a pull request.