If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask our public mailing list for help.
- Mapsforge project uses a compact file format for fast ad-hoc rendering of OpenStreetMap data.
- We provide tools to compile your own maps with detailed instructions and also precompiled maps.
- It provides simple boilerplate code to build applications for Android that display OpenStreetMap-based maps.
- It provides a library to build standalone applications in Java (instructions).
- Mapsforge maps can be flexibly styled with XML style files (render themes).
- We provide tools & library for POI search and also precompiled POI.
- Mapsforge supports Android 2.3.3 (API level 10) and above.
- Mapsforge is used by many applications.
- Mapsforge is in active development.
- Mapsforge map providers.
- Mapsforge talks.