The GraalVM main source repository includes the following components:
GraalVM SDK contains long term supported APIs of GraalVM.
GraalVM compiler written in Java that supports both dynamic and static compilation and can integrate with the Java HotSpot VM or run standalone.
Truffle language implementation framework for creating languages and instrumentations for GraalVM.
Tools contains a set of tools for GraalVM languages implemented with the instrumentation framework.
Substrate VM framework that allows ahead-of-time (AOT) compilation of Java applications under closed-world assumption into executable images or shared objects.
Sulong is an engine for running LLVM bitcode on GraalVM.
TRegex is an implementation of regular expressions which leverages GraalVM for efficient compilation of automata.
VM includes the components to build a modular GraalVM image.
Please report security vulnerabilities not via GitHub issues or the public mailing lists, but via the process outlined at Reporting Vulnerabilities guide.
GraalVM allows running of following languages which are being developed and tested in related repositories with GraalVM core to run on top of it using Truffle and the GraalVM compiler. These are:
- FastR - R Language 3.5.1
- GraalPython - Python 3.7
- TruffleRuby - Ruby Programming Language 2.6.2
- SimpleLanguage - A simple demonstration language for the GraalVM.
Each GraalVM component is licensed:
- Truffle Framework and its dependency GraalVM SDK are licensed under the Universal Permissive License.
- Tools project is licensed under the GPL 2 with Classpath exception.
- TRegex project is licensed under the GPL 2 with Classpath exception.
- GraalVM compiler is licensed under the GPL 2 with Classpath exception.
- Substrate VM is licensed under the GPL 2 with Classpath exception.
- Sulong is licensed under 3-clause BSD.
- VM is licensed under the GPL 2 with Classpath exception.