Mongosync + Distill + Meteor (example)
This module demonstrates the capability of the Mongosync module.
It implements into
hook_mongosync_entity_insert_preprocess, and uses Distill to process the entities into that Mongodb (compatable with a specific Meteor schema) can consume.
This module is meant to be a demonstration-piece for a presentation on Meteor and Drupal integration, and building reactive Drupal applications. It is meant to sync data between a Drupal site, and this Meteor application.
Keep in mind that this is purely conceptual. I'm currently working on other projects that implement the ideas demonstrated in this module in a modular way, so stay tuned :)
- Install Mongosync, and configure it to point to your Meteor app.
- Install Distill.
- Install this module
- Create a content type that you would like to sync with Meteor.
- Configure Mongosync to sync that entity to a sensible collection.
- Create an entity of that content type.
- Ensure that the entity is processed, and sent to Meteor.