DOWNLOAD Hanyu Pinyin Custom Functions
- Unzip the
PffyDesktopfolder to your
MyDocumentsfolder (or your Documents Library). [?]
- Click File > Options.
- In Options menu, click Add-Ins menu item.
- At the bottom, select Excel Add-Ins. Then, click the Go button.
- The Add-Ins menu appears. Click Browse to open the dialog.
- Find the
MyDocuments(Documents Library) where you unzipped
- Select the Excel Add-In
pffy-excel-vba-hanyupinyin.xlam. Click OK.
- Back in the Add-Ins menu, the Add-In
Pffy-Excel-Vba-Hanyupinyinshould be checked. Click OK.
Now, time to test the Add-In.
- In Cell B2, input the following text:
- In Cell C2, input the following formula:
=TONEMARKS(A2). As you type, Excel should be auto-completing your custom functions (by default).
- Try with
- Try using Chinese or Hanyu Pinyin.
MyDocuments folder is designed to organize your saved work. It varies by Windows version.
UNTRUSTED SOURCE NOTICE
- If you receive one of these message from Excel 2013, the choice to Enable or Disable is yours.
- The purpose of releasing the source code to the public domain is to give you the choice.
- You have four freedoms. Use them.
To remove this Add-In:
- Exit Excel.
- Delete the file called
(Optional) If you are not using any other pffy/desktop apps, delete the entire
- Restart Excel. Open the Add-Ins menu.
- Click on the Add-In
Pffy-Excel-Vba-Hanyupinyin. Excel will warn you that it is no longer available. If asked if you want it deleted from the list, click YES.
LICENSE AND DISCLAIMER
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means. In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. For more information, please refer to <http://unlicense.org>