This repo contains the source code and documentation powering reactjs.org.
- Node: install version 8.4 or greater
- Yarn: See Yarn website for installation instructions
- A clone of the reactjs.org repo on your local machine
- A fork of the repo (for any contributions)
cd reactjs.orgto go into the project root
yarnto install the website's npm dependencies
yarn devto start the hot-reloading development server (powered by Gatsby)
open http://localhost:8000to open the site in your favorite browser
Create a branch
git checkout masterfrom any folder in your local
git pull origin masterto ensure you have the latest main code
git checkout -b the-name-of-my-branch(replacing
the-name-of-my-branchwith a suitable name) to create a branch
Make the change
- Follow the "Running locally" instructions
- Save the files and check in the browser
- Changes to React components in
- Changes to markdown files in
- If working with plugins, you may need to remove the
.cachedirectory and restart the server
Test the change
- If possible, test any visual changes in all latest versions of common browsers, on both desktop and mobile.
yarn check-allfrom the project root. (This will run Prettier, ESLint, and Flow.)
git add -A && git commit -m "My message"(replacing
My messagewith a commit message, such as
Fixed header logo on Android) to stage and commit your changes
git push my-fork-name the-name-of-my-branch
- Go to the reactjs.org repo and you should see recently pushed branches.
- Follow GitHub's instructions.
- If possible include screenshots of visual changes. A Netlify build will also be automatically created once you make your PR so other people can see your change.
yarn resetto clear the local cache