Textpattern CMS default theme
This project is the source for the default theme that ships as standard with Textpattern CMS as of v4.7.0 onwards. It is intended as a starting point for new users learning the Textpattern CMS for the first time or existing users that want to adapt their current code for modern standards, and is not intended as a finished production theme (though you could use it as such if you want to).
- The code is commented throughout with helpful information to help you learn some of the techniques and tags available within Textpattern.
- Current best practices gathered from all over the web - in particular the HTML5 Boilerplate.
- Mobile first structure.
- Responsive CSS layout adapts to various device screen sizes, from 320px to over 1280px.
- Adheres to the Schema.org microdata format.
- Includes Sass version of CSS for rapid development.
- No external images used at all.
- Tested on a wide range of devices, browsers and operating systems.
Supported web browsers
- Internet Explorer 11.
- Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and Opera the last two recent stable releases.
Building this repository requires:
Installing required tools
After you have Node.js taken care of, you can install the project's dependencies. Navigate to the project's directory, and run the dependency manager:
$ cd textpattern-default-theme $ npm install
This repository hosts sources and needs to be built before it can be used. After you have installed all dependencies, you will be able to run the build:
$ npm run build
We provide a pre-built version of the theme files within the
dist directory in case you don't want to build it yourself.
Design patterns Textile/HTML reference page
src/dev-docs/design-patterns-page.textile is a reference you can use when authoring themes, it contains many of the HTML tags (and their equivalent Textile format where available) that should be accounted for in your designs. Paste this code directly into a Textpattern article.
Licensed under the GPLv2 license.
Some demo site content is licensed under Creative Commons BY-NC 3.0 (audio: "Moonlight Reprise" from "Irsen's Tale" by Kai Engel) and BY 3.0 (video: "Big Buck Bunny").