Papers We Love (PWL) is a community built around reading, discussing and learning more about academic computer science papers. This repository serves as a directory of some of the best papers the community can find, bringing together documents scattered across the web. You can also visit the Papers We Love site for more info.
Due to licenses we cannot always host the papers themselves (when we do, you will see a
If you enjoy the papers, perhaps stop by a local chapter meetup and join in on the vibrant discussions around them. You can also discuss PWL events, the content in this repository, and/or anything related to PWL on our Slack, after signing-up to join it, or on our #paperswelove IRC channel on freenode.
Here are our official chapters. Let us know if you are interested in starting one in your city!
- Columbus, Ohio
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Seoul, Korea
- St. Louis
- Washington, DC
All of our meetups follow our Code of Conduct.
We're looking for pull requests related to papers we should add, better organization of the papers we do have, and/or links to other paper-repos we should point to.
Other Good Places to Find Papers
- Bell System Technical Journal, 1922-1983
- Best Paper Awards in Computer Science
- Google Scholar (choose a subcategory)
- Microsoft Research
- Functional Programming Books Review
- MIT's Artificial Intelligence Lab Publications
- MIT's Distributed System's Reading Group
- arXiv Paper Repository
- Services Engineering Reading List
- Readings in Distributed Systems
- Gradual Typing Bibliography
- Security Data Science Papers
- Research Papers from Robert Harper, Carnegie Mellon University
- Lobste.rs tagged as PDF
- The Morning Paper
Please check out our wiki-page for links to blogs, books, exchanges that are worth a good read.
How To Read a Paper
Reading a paper is not the same as reading a blogpost or a novel. Here are a few handy resources to help you get started.
- How to read an academic article
- Advice on reading academic papers
- How to read and understand a scientific paper
- Should I Read Papers?
- The Refreshingly Rewarding Realm of Research Papers
Applications/Ideas built around Papers We Love
- Love a Paper - @loveapaper
Please take a look at our CONTRIBUTING.md file.
The name "Papers We Love" and the logos for the organization are copyrighted, and under the ownership of Papers We Love Ltd, all rights reserved. When starting a chapter, please review our guidelines and ask us about using the logo.