- Wait, what?
- “What” what?
- A karaoke mode for emacs… don’t you have better things to do with your life?
- Better than Karaoke?! I don’t think so.
- Seriously, though…
- Seriously, in a friendly conversation at Emacs Berlin we were joking about doing a Karaoke night, but of course we would need a “Karaoke mode” for Emacs. So…
- Alright, how does it work?
- Easy… clone the repo, load the only file there is:
Then open a LRC File and invoke
It will ask you for a song file that matches the lyrics, provide one and get ready to sing!
- Cool, is it production ready?
- If your business is in Karaoke, you might want to try something else. I made this as a proof of concept, just a quick example of a simple and small program to talk about in Emacs Berlin.
- Are you open to contributions?
- don’t you have better things to do with your life? … but yeah, I am =)