Integrated OberonTravis CI Status for io-core/io
For more information go to the io project wiki
This project may eventually integrate modern capabilities into Oberon, a classic operating system and language.
To run the risc v5 emulator (REM) you can download the binary for your platform or you can compile from source.
Emulated - Binary
- Download the Linux REM binary, Mac REM binary, or Windows REM binary
- Make the binary exeutable (e.g. chmod 755 rem.amd64 or chmod 755 rem.darwin)
- Download the RISC os disc image
- Download the RISC os firmware file
- run the emulator -- ./rem.amd64 -i Oberon-2016-08-02.dsk -g 1024x768x1
- (on a mac with a high definition screen) ./rem.darwin -i Oberon-2016-08-02.dsk -g 1024x768x1 -hidpi
The middle mouse button can be simulated by pressing CTRL + Left mouse button.
Emulated - From Source
- install a recent version of go with support for modules
- git clone https://github.com/io-core/io.git
- cd io/rem
- go build rem.go
- run the emulator -- ./rem -i Oberon-2016-08-02.dsk -g 1024x768x1
Portions Copyright © 2014 Charles Perkins
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.