gb is a proof of concept replacement build tool for the Go programming language.
gb operates on the concept of a project. A gb project is a workspace for all the Go code that is required to build your project.
A gb project is a folder on disk that contains a subdirectory named
src/. That's it, no environment variables to set. For the rest of this document we'll refer to your
gb project as
You can create as many projects as you like and move between them simply by changing directories.
go get github.com/constabulary/gb/...
gb has its own site, getgb.io, head over there for more information.
In rough order
- Cross Compilation
- gb test improvements, test output, flag handling
- gb vendor updates and bug fixes
- new package resolver (replace go/build)
Big ticket items
Big ticket items that are not on the road map yet
- Race detector support
- Tag handling, unify -tags, ENVVARS and GOOS/GOARCH into a single format for binary names and pkg cache
- Package BuildID support (make stale detection work like the Go 1.5)
We welcome pull requests, bug fixes and issue reports.
Before proposing a large change, please discuss your change by raising an issue.