Project Harbor is an enterprise-class registry server. It extends the open source Docker Registry server by adding more functionalities usually required by an enterprise. Harbor is designed to be deployed in a private environment of an organization. A private registry is important for organizations who care much about security. In addition, a private registry improves productivity by eliminating the need to download images from public network. This is very helpful to container users who do not have a good network to the Internet. For example, Harbor accelerates the progress of Chinese developers, because they no longer need to pull images from the Internet.
- Role Based Access Control: Users and docker repositories are organized via "projects", a user can have differernt permission for images under a namespace.
- Graphical user portal: User can easily browse, search docker repositories, manage projects/namepaces.
- AD/LDAP support: Harbor integrates with existing AD/LDAP of enterprise for user authentication and management.
- Audting: All the operations to the repositories are tracked and can be used for auditing purpose.
- Internationalization: Localized for English and Chinese languages. More languages can be added.
- RESTful API: RESTful APIs are provided for most administrative operations of Harbor. The integration with other management software becomes easy.
Harbor is self-contained and can be easily deployed via docker-compose.
Harbor only works with docker 1.8+ and docker-compose 1.6.0+ . The host must be connected to the Internet.
Get the source code:
$ git clone https://github.com/vmware/harbor
Edit the file Deploy/harbor.cfg, make necessary configuration changes such as host name, admin password and mail server. Refer to Installation Guide for more info.
Install Harbor by the following commands. It may take a while for the docker-compose process to finish.
$ cd Deploy $ ./prepare Generated configuration file: ./config/ui/env Generated configuration file: ./config/ui/app.conf Generated configuration file: ./config/registry/config.yml Generated configuration file: ./config/db/env $ docker-compose up
If everything works fine, you can open a browser to visit the admin portal at: http://yourhostname . The default administrator username and password is admin/Harbor12345 .
To simplify the installation process, a pre-built installation package of Harbor is provided so that you don't need to clone the source code. By using this package, you can even install Harbor onto a host that is not connected to the Internet. For details on how to download and use this installation package, please refer to Installation Guide .
For information on how to use Harbor, please see User Guide .
We welcome contributions from the community. If you wish to contribute code, we require that you first sign our Contributor License Agreement and return a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before we can merge your contribution.
Harbor is available under the Apache 2 license.