mesos-N tags mark the start of support for a specific Mesos version while
maintaining backwards compatibility with the previous major version.
The official distribution and installation channel is pre-compiled binaries available in Github releases.
Building the master branch from source should always succeed but doesn't provide the same stability and compatibility guarantees as releases.
All branches and pull requests are tested by Circle-CI, which also outputs artifacts for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux via cross-compilation.
You will need Go 1.6 or later to build the project.
All dependencies are tracked using
# Install godep $ go get github.com/tools/godep # Save new dependencies $ godep save ./... # Build $ go build ./...
Building for release
To do a build:
- Cut a branch
- Tag it with the relevant version, and push the tags along with the branch
- If the build doesn't trigger automatically, go here: https://circleci.com/gh/mesosphere/mesos-dns, find your branch, and trigger the build.
If you choose to do a private build:
- Fork the repo on Github to a private repo
- Customize that repo
Add it to Circle-CI
Circle-CI allows for private repositories to be kept, and built in private
- Go to the build steps.
- Download the artifacts from the Circle-CI builds
- Cut a release based on the tag on Github
- Upload the artifacts back to Github. Ensure you upload all the artifacts, including the .asc files.
This repo using code signing. There is an armored, encrypted gpg key in the repo at build/private.key. This file includes the Mesos-DNS gpg signing key. The passphrase for the key is stored in Circle-CI's environment. This makes it fairly difficult to leak both components without detectable maliciousness.
There are only very few users with access to the private key, and they also have access to a revocation certificate in case the private key leaks.
$ go test -race ./...
Detailed documentation on how to configure, operate and use Mesos-DNS under different scenarios and environments is available in http://mesosphere.github.io/mesos-dns/.
Contributions are welcome. Please refer to CONTRIBUTING.md for guidelines.
This project is Apache License 2.0.