- bsondump - display BSON files in a human-readable format
- mongoimport - Convert data from JSON, TSV or CSV and insert them into a collection
- mongoexport - Write an existing collection to CSV or JSON format
- mongodump/mongorestore - Dump MongoDB backups to disk in .BSON format, or restore them to a live database
- mongostat - Monitor live MongoDB servers, replica sets, or sharded clusters
- mongofiles - Read, write, delete, or update files in GridFS
- mongotop - Monitor read/write activity on a mongo server
Report any bugs, improvements, or new feature requests at https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/TOOLS
We currently build the tools with Go version 1.15, other Go versions may work but they are untested.
go get will not
work; you need to clone the repository to build it. Be sure to clone the repository into your Go workspace inside your
mkdir -p $GOPATH/src/github.com/mongodb cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/mongodb git clone https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-tools cd mongo-tools
To use build/test scripts in the repo, you MUST set GOROOT to your Go root directory.
build.sh script builds all the tools, placing them in the
directory. Pass any build tags (like
sasl) as additional command
./build.sh ./build.sh ssl ./build.sh ssl sasl
set_goenv.sh and run the
set_goenv function to setup your GOPATH and
architecture-specific configuration flags:
. ./set_goenv.sh set_goenv
Pass tags to the
go build command as needed in order to build the tools with
support for SSL and/or SASL. For example:
mkdir bin go build -o bin/mongoimport mongoimport/main/mongoimport.go go build -o bin/mongoimport -tags ssl mongoimport/main/mongoimport.go go build -o bin/mongoimport -tags "ssl sasl" mongoimport/main/mongoimport.go
See our Contributor's Guide.
See the MongoDB packages documentation.
For documentation on older versions of the MongoDB, reference that version of the MongoDB Server Manual:
Adding New Platforms Support
See our Adding New Platform Support Guide.