Zeebe.io - Workflow Engine for Microservices Orchestration
Zeebe provides visibility into and control over business processes that span multiple microservices.
- Define workflows visually in BPMN 2.0
- Choose your programming language
- Deploy with Docker and Kubernetes
- Build workflows that react to messages from Kafka and other message queues
- Scale horizontally to handle very high throughput
- Fault tolerance (no relational database required)
- Export workflow data for monitoring and analysis
- Engage with an active community
Starting with Zeebe 0.20.0, the "developer preview" label was removed from Zeebe and the first production-ready version was released .
To learn more about what we're currently working on, please visit the roadmap.
Recommended Docs Entries for New Users
- What is Zeebe?
- Core Concepts
- Getting Started Tutorial
- BPMN Workflows
- Java Client
- Go Client
Read the Contributions Guide
Code of Conduct
Zeebe source files are made available under the Zeebe Community License Version 1.0 except for the parts listed below, which are made available under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See individual source files for details.
Available under the Apache License, Version 2.0:
- Java Client (clients/java)
- Go Client (clients/go)
- Exporter API (exporter-api)
- Protocol (protocol)
- Gateway Protocol Implementation (gateway-protocol-impl)
- BPMN Model API (bpmn-model)
Clarification on gRPC Code Generation
The Zeebe Gateway Protocol (API) as published in the gateway-protocol is licensed under the Zeebe Community License 1.0. Using gRPC tooling to generate stubs for the protocol does not constitute creating a derivative work under the Zeebe Community License 1.0 and no licensing restrictions are imposed on the resulting stub code by the Zeebe Community License 1.0.