SkyWalking: an APM(application performance monitor) system, especially designed for microservices, cloud native and container-based architectures.
SkyWalking is an open source APM system, including monitoring, tracing, diagnosing capabilities for distributed system in Cloud Native architecture. The core features are following.
- Service, service instance, endpoint(URI) metrics analysis.
- Distributed tracing.
- Metrics collecting, analysis, and customization.
- Logging collecting and extracting metrics from them.
- Distributed tracing and context propagation.
- Collaboration across metrics, traces, and logs
- Root cause analysis.
- Profile the code on the runtime powered by in-process agent and ebpf profiler.
- Network profiler for TCP, TCP/TLS, HTTP(s) traffic.
- Service topology map analysis.
- Service instance and endpoint(URI) dependency analysis.
- Slow services and endpoints detecting.
- Performance optimization.
- In memory and remote cache performance monitoring, including Read and Write performance. Detect slow Cache access with keys.
- Database performance monitoring. Detect slow SQL statements.
- Message Queue performance and consuming latency monitoring.
- Browser performance monitoring, and start tracing from browser.
- Infrastructure monitoring. Kubernetes and Linux(VM, network, disk etc.).
SkyWalking supports to collect telemetry (metrics, traces, and logs) data from multiple sources and multiple formats, including
- Java, .NET Core, NodeJS, PHP, and Python auto-instrument agents.
- Go, C++, and Rust SDKs.
- Agent profiling for Java and Python.
- ebpf network profiling and ON/OFF CPU profiling.
- LUA agent especially for Nginx, OpenResty and Apache APISIX.
- Browser agent.
- Service Mesh Observability. Control plane and data plane.
- Metrics system, including Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, Micrometer(Spring Sleuth), Zabbix.
- Logs, including OpenTelemetry.
- Zipkin v1/v2 trace.(No Analysis).
NOTICE, SkyWalking 8.0+ uses v3 protocols. They are incompatible with previous releases.
SkyWalking OAP is using the STAM(Streaming Topology Analysis Method) to analysis topology in the tracing based agent scenario for better performance. Read the paper of STAM for more details.
Please head to the releases page to download a release of Apache SkyWalking.
Follow this document.
Code of conduct
This project adheres to the Contributor Covenant code of conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code. Please follow the REPORTING GUIDELINES to report unacceptable behavior.
- Find the live demo and screenshots on our website.
- Follow the showcase to set up preview deployment quickly.
- Mail list: email@example.com. Mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org, follow the reply to subscribe the mail list.
Request to join SkyWalking slackmail to the mail list(
email@example.com), we will invite you in.
- Twitter, ASFSkyWalking
- QQ Group: 901167865, 392443393
- bilibili B站 视频
Hundreds of companies and organizations use SkyWalking for research, production, and commercial product. Visit our website to find the user page.