WSO2 Micro Integrator
WSO2 Micro integrator is a open-source, lightweight, fast, scalable, and distributed microservice integration layer which is the cloud-native distribution of WSO2 Enterprise Integration (EI). Please refer to the official documentation of WSO2 Micro Integrator for further information.
Why Micro Integrator?
WSO2 Micro Integrator is built for developers who would like to integrate microservices and cloud native architectures using a configuration-driven approach. The Micro Integrator gives developers the best possible experience for developing, testing, and deploying integrations and tooling.
The Micro Integrator developer experience is especially tuned for,
- Integration developers who prefer config driven approach.
- People who are looking for a solution to make their brownfield (ie. legacy systems) integrated into their new microservices based solutions.
- Existing WSO2 EI and integration middleware users who want to move into cloud native or Microservices architecture.
The Micro Integrator also provides an enhanced experience for those using a container-based architecture and works natively on the Kubernetes ecosystem and it makes deployment with Docker a simple process. Following are the main design objectives for developing the Micro Integrator.
- Lightweight and optimized runtime based on the same integration runtime of EI.
- Native support for Docker and Kubernetes.
- Flawless developer experience for developing, testing and deploying integrations and tooling.
- Integrate natively with cloud native ecosystem projects.
- Building a runtime suitable for hybrid integration requirements (integration cloud).
Micro Integrator CI/CD workflow
Please refer to the instructions on the installation of, and working with, the Micro Integrator by visiting the documentation for Setup and Install. You can also try out on a simple scenario of forwarding a request to a service by following the documenation on Getting Started.
If you are planning on contributing to the development efforts of WSO2 Micro Integrator, you can do that by checking out
the latest development version. The
master branch holds the latest unreleased source code.
Building from the source
Please follow the steps below to build WSO2 Micro Integrator from source code.
- Clone or download the source code from this repository (https://github.com/wso2/micro-integrator).
- Run the maven command
mvn clean installfrom the root directory of the repository.
- The generated Micro Integrator distribution can be found at
Building the Docker image
You can build the Docker image for Micro Integrator by setting the system property
false when running
maven build. This builds and pushes the micro-integrator Docker image to the local Docker registry.
mvn clean install -Ddocker.skip=false
WSO2 Micro Integrator is licensed under the Apache License.
(c) 2018, WSO2 Inc. All Rights Reserved.