This is a collection of useful Nim modules. The theme is Game Development.
Examples of usage can usually be found at the end of the module's source or in
If any of these is missing license (they probably all are) then you can treat them as public domain, no attribution required. Licenses listed below are for the corresponding (wrapped) software. The wrapper itself does not fall under this license.
- fowltek/vector_math - implements types for vectors of two, three and four (now basic2d/basic3d exist in the stdlib, use those instead)
- fowltek/pointer_arithm - implements pointer arithmetic for use with c libraries
- fowltek/maybe_t - implements a
- fowltek/idgen - a simple sequential ID generator
- fowltek/neural - a backpropagating neural network
- Spatial organizationing: fowltek/bbtree, fowltek/qtree
- Clutter - nice gtk-ish gui library
- FTGL (FreeTypeGL http://sf.net/projects/ftgl) - for the fonts and such (LGPLv2)
- Bullet - another high performance 3D physics library. This wrapper may not be complete, it is based off Bullet's C-API which is limited.
- fowltek/verlet - implementation of verlet physics
- FANN (Fast Artificial Neural Net http://leenissen.dk/)
Things that used to be here
- fowltek/entitty - implements a dynamic component/entity system (this is old, the new version is in nimble called
- SDL2 http://libsdl.org - moved to its own package (ZLib)
- Assimp (Open Asset Import Library) - moved to its own package (BSD, more info: http://assimp.sourceforge.net/main_license.html)
- Devil - image loading and editing software (LGPL) (better wrapper at https://github.com/Varriount/DevIL)
- ODE (Open Dynamics Engine) - a performant 3D physics library used in many commercial games (now at https://github.com/fowlmouth/ODE)
- Horde3D - an open source 3D rendering engine (Eclipse Public License v1.0 (EPL)) (now at https://github.com/fowlmouth/horde3d)