Eclipse Theia is an extensible framework to develop full-fledged multi-language Cloud & Desktop IDE-like products with state-of-the-art web technologies.
Theia 1.0 has been released. Read the announcement.
Visit the Theia website for more documentation.
- Support building browser-based and desktop IDEs
- Provide a highly flexible architecture for adopters
- Support VS Code Extension protocol
- Develop under vendor-neutral open-source governance
See our roadmap for an overview about the current project goals and the upcoming releases.
Here you can find guides and examples for common scenarios:
- Run Theia in Docker
- Run Theia in Gitpod - a Theia-based IDE for GitHub
- Develop a Theia application - your own IDE
- Develop a Theia plugin - a VS Code like extension
- Develop a Theia extension
- Test a VS Code extension in Theia
- Package a desktop Theia application with Electron
Read below to learn how to take part in improving Theia:
- Fork the repository and run the examples from source
- Get familiar with the development workflow, Coding Guidelines, Code of Conduct and learn how to sign your work
- Find an issue to work on and submit a pull request
- First time contributing to open source? Pick a good first issue to get you familiar with GitHub contributing process.
- First time contributing to Theia? Pick a beginner friendly issue to get you familiar with codebase and our contributing process.
- Want to become a Committer? Solve an issue showing that you understand Theia objectives and architecture. Here is a good list to start. Further, have a look at our roadmap to align your contributions with the current project goals.
- Could not find an issue? Look for bugs, typos, and missing features.
Read below how to engage with Theia community:
- Join the discussion on Discourse.
- Ask a question, request a new feature and file a bug with GitHub issues.
- Star the repository to show your support.
- Follow Theia on Twitter.
- API Documentation
- Useful Links:
- Eclipse Public License 2.0
- 一 (Secondary) GNU General Public License, version 2 with the GNU Classpath Exception
"Theia" is a trademark of the Eclipse Foundation https://www.eclipse.org/theia