The streaming build system
What is gulp?
- Automation - gulp is a toolkit that helps you automate painful or time-consuming tasks in your development workflow.
- Platform-agnostic - Integrations are built into all major IDEs and people are using gulp with PHP, .NET, Node.js, Java, and other platforms.
- Strong Ecosystem - Use npm modules to do anything you want + over 2000 curated plugins for streaming file transformations
- Simple - By providing only a minimal API surface, gulp is easy to learn and simple to use
For a Getting started guide, API docs, recipes, making a plugin, etc. check out our docs!
- Need something reliable? Check out the documentation for the current release!
- Want to help us test the latest and greatest? Check out the documentation for the next release!
This file will give you a taste of what gulp does.
We recommend these plugins:
- gulp-changed - only pass through changed files
- gulp-cached - in-memory file cache, not for operation on sets of files
- gulp-remember - pairs nicely with gulp-cached
- gulp-newer - pass through newer source files only, supports many:1 source:dest
Want to test the latest and greatest?
We're hard at work on our latest release, but we need your help testing it!
npm install gulpjs/gulp#4.0
There's a slew of major (wonderful) changes in 4.0, so make sure you check out the docs on that branch!
Want to contribute?
Anyone can help make this project better - check out our Contributing guide!
Support us with a monthly donation and help us continue our activities.
Become a sponsor to get your logo on our README on Github.