Insomnia REST Client
Insomnia is a cross-platform REST client, built on top of Electron.
Insomnia is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux and can be downloaded from the website.
Bugs and Feature Requests
Initial Dev Setup
This repository is structured as a monorepo and contains many Node.JS packages. Each package has
its own set of commands, but the most common commands are available from the
[package.json](package.json) and can be accessed using the
npm run ... command. Here
are the only three commands you should need to start developing on the app.
# Install and Link Dependencies npm run bootstrap # Run Tests npm test # Start App with Live Reload npm run app-start
If you are on Linux and have problems, you may need to install
# Install libfontconfig-dev sudo apt-get install libfontconfig-dev
If you are on Windows and have problems, you may need to install Windows Build Tools
You can use any editor you'd like, but make sure to have support/plugins for the following tools:
Here is a list of plugins available for installation via NPM.
- Chance – Generates a random value using Chance.JS
- Cuid – Generate random cuids
- Custom Timestamp – Advanced timestamp creator
- Default Headers – Set default headers on requests
- Defaults - Set request defaults through your environment
- Faker - Generate Faker data right within Insomnia!
- Github Apps – Generates a JWT for auth with the GitHub API as your GitHub App
- JWT Decode – Decode header or payload of JWT tokens
- OS Util – Get OS information
- Random Credit Card – Generate random credit card numbers
- Random Number – Generate a random integer between a minimum and maximum
- Random UK Sort Code – Generate random UK bank sort codes
- Regex – Extract a value from an environment variable using a regular expression
- Swagger Validator – Validate an API response to a swagger spec
XDebug – Enable Xdebug debugging by adding an
XDEBUG_SESSIONcookie to the request
- Insomnia Documenter – Generate beautiful API documentation pages using your Insomnia export file.
- GitHub API Spec Importer – A complete set of GitHub REST API route specifications that can be imported straight into Insomnia
- Swaggymnia – Generate Swagger documentation for your existing API in Insomnia.