Cats & Lasers & johnny-five
A step by step guide to building your own internet controllable laser turret and cat dazzler...
npm install -g lasercat-workshop
johnny-five is a node api for communicating with Arduino boards.
You don't need an Arduino for this workshop.
The workshop will pose a challenge, and will test your code. The low level code to talk to the Arduino is stubbed out.
You will be writing working, executable johnny-five code.
Each of your solutions can be run directly as a
Wire up an Arduino, connect the USB and you can see your solution run for real.
The lasercat turret
Here's what you're going to build. Amazing, right?
Follow the build instruction here
- Power On Self Test - LED. Ensure everything is working
- Spin Up - Turn the platter with a servo.
- Pan & Tilt - Become master of the horizontal and the vertical.
- Fire the Laser - WARNING: May attract cats.
- Remote control - Cats over IP.
\`*-. ) _`-. . : `. . : _ ' \ ; *` _. `*-._ `-.-' `-. ; ` `. :. . \ . \ . : .-' . ' `+.; ; ' : : ' | ; ;-. ; ' : :`-: _.`* ; .*' / .*' ; .*`- +' `*' * `*-* `*-* `*-*'
Built by robots and:
Made with <3 and lasers for LXJS 2014