- run arbitrary commands in parallel
- to provide good output buffering for use in build runners / jobs w/a lot of output
- provide a way to wrap output to distinguish messages from different commands
- running the same command in parallel on a list of inputs
- controlling parallelism (adjusting # of processes/workers)
- job management (starting/stopping background processes)
- distributed processing (eg: running across machines)
npm install -g llexec
llexec is designed to be run as a CLI.
llexec - run arbitrary commands in parallel llexec is designed to take a list of commands, run them in parallel, and perform output buffering on the results so the output is human-readable. usage: llexec [-w line-wrapper] cmd [, cmd, [...]] possible line-wrappers: cmdname prefixes each line with the name of the command firstarg prefixes each line with the first argument (useful for build tools) timestamp prefixes each line with a timestamp examples: llexec -w cmdname 'tsc -p src/' 'scss -w scss/' llexec -w firstarg 'make module1' 'make module2'