A Simple CLI Tool to create basic CRUD operations of a REST API
npm install -g rest-init
This will install rest-init globally on your system
To Create a New Rest API
Answer the questions that follows and a REST Api will be created in your current working directory. The basic Dependencies will also get installed.
List of Dependencies that will be installed :-
- body-parser => For Parsing post request params
- dotenv => To Load .env file variables in process.env
- express => Express Framework
- mongoose => elegant mongodb object modeling for node.js
- morgan => Logger
Basic Directory Structure
- api |-- controllers |-- models |-- routes - node_modules - .env - .gitignore - package.json - server.js
After Creating Rest Api -
- Define Your Database URI in .env file
- Define Your Schema in api/models/schema.js
To Add new Resources to existing REST API
Enter the resources that you want to add and the controllers and routes for new resources will be created in respective directories. If api directory is not found then it will create api directory.
To Get help about this CLI
More Features are coming soon.