StarHackIt is a ES6/ES7 React/Node starter kit
Fullstack web application starter kit written in es6/es7 with react and node.js with the following features:
- Authentication: username/password, facebook, google authentication etc ...
- Authorization: scheme using user, group and permission
- Scalable by using a micro services based architecture, a.k.a message queues
- Relational database: postgres, mysql, sqlite, mssql etc, ...
- React or Preact: libraries to build user interfaces.
- Mobx: Simple, scalable state management
- Webpack: module bundler for the browser
- Glamorous: solving react component styling.
- i18next: internationalization
For more information about the frontend, see its README
- Koa: next generation web framework for Node.js.
- Sequelize: Object Relationship Management (ORM) supporting majors relational SQL database.
- PostgreSQL: the world's most advanced open source relational database.
- RabbitMq: messaging system.
- Passport: authentication framework with more than 140 authentication strategies: username/password, facebook , google, github etc ...
- Winston: a multi-transport async logging library.
- Nodemailer: send email with various provider.
For more information about the backend, see its README
- Babel: A es6/es7 compiler.
- Mocha: test framework.
- Karma: a productive testing environment to developers
- Nightwatch: End-to-End tests in Node.js quickly and effortlessly that run against a Selenium server
- Sinon: test spies, stubs and mocks.
- Travis: Test and deploy.
- CodeClimate: Automated code review
- DevLab: Containerize your development workflow.
- Trevor: Your own Travis CI to run tests locally.
The frontend and the backend are two separate projects with their own set of dependencies. One can use the frontend with another existing backend, or use the backend with another frontend stack.
Clone the source code
To get the latest code, grab it by cloning the repository from GitHub:
$ git clone https://github.com/FredericHeem/starhackit.git yourproject $ cd yourproject
Crafted with passion by Frederic Heem