This repository is a starting point to learn about and engage in .NET and .NET open source projects.
This repo is not an official .NET Framework support location, however, we will respond to issues filed here as best we can. Please file .NET Core product issues at dotnet/core and ASP.NET Core product issues at aspnet/home.
You can try out an early access release of the .NET Framework at the .NET Framework Early Access website.
In this repository
- .NET Framework Release Notes
- .NET Framework Documentation
- .NET Open Source Developer Projects
- .NET Open Source Consumer Projects
- Free Services & Tools for Open Source .NET Projects
Please contribute to this repository via pull requests
Finding .NET Open Source Projects
Here are some excellent community-maintained lists of projects:
There are many projects that you can use and contribute to, some of which are listed below. Please do contribute to these projects!
- .NET Core (dotnet/core)
- .NET Core docs (dotnet/docs)
- ASP.NET Core (aspnet/home)
- ASP.NET Core docs (aspnet/Docs)
- Roslyn Compiler Platform (dotnet/roslyn)
- EntityFramework (aspnet/entityframework)
- WPF (dotnet/wpf)
- Windows Forms (dotnet/winforms)
- .NET Framework docs (dotnet/docs)
- .NET Framework source code - read-only subset (microsoft/referencesource)
- Xamarin iOS + macOS (xamarin-macios)
- Xamarin Android (xamarin/xamarin-android)
- Xamarin Forms (xamarin/Xamarin.Forms)
- Mono Project
Here is a short list of projects to check out:
There are additional templates available for
dotnet new. For more information, see Available templates for dotnet new
Check out the .NET Foundation Forums to see what others are talking about, or start a new discussion to ask a question or make a point.
This repository is licensed with the MIT license.