Initr is a Redmine plugin.
- You will need puppet lib to be in your RUBYLIB, or just install puppet from your package manager (gem, apt, yum ...)
- Get latest Redmine (versions <= 1.4.x)
git clone git://github.com/edavis10/redmine.git
- Install initr plugin
cd redmine/vendor/plugins ; git clone git://github.com/descala/initr.git
- Configure config/database.yml
- additionally to redmine tables you can configure the database where puppetmaster stores configs to tell initr where to look for hosts and facts, or you can simply run "rake puppet:import:hosts_and_facts" to load them from YAML
# you can define a puppet_[RAILSENV] database to # tell initr where to look for hosts and facts puppet_development: adapter: mysql database: puppet username: root password:
- Migrate databases
rake db:migrate ; rake db:migrate:plugins
- (Re)Start Redmine and check that it lists initr plugin on 'Admin -> Information' screen.
- Configure Initr on 'Admin -> Plugins -> Initr' screen
- Add Initr to a project ('Project -> Settings -> Modules') and Initr tab will appear on that project.
- You can start a local puppetmaster by running puppet/start_puppetmaster.sh from initr plugin directory
- Initr is a Redmine plugin, therefore you need a Redmine installation to install the plugin in.
- It is recomended to run a Puppetmaster configured with storeconfigs.
- You'll need to configure puppetmaster external nodes to call the script provided in bin/external_node.sh which gets node classes and parameters from an initr url.
- Initr accepts http reports on /reports url, so to make reports appear on initr, configure puppetmaster to use http reports
[master] reports = http reporturl = http://<your_url>/reports
- On development all certificate requests are signed (see puppet/autosign.conf), but it is not desirable on production. See http://www.ingent.net/projects/initr/wiki/SigningRevoking_certificates_automatically to automatically sign certificate requests