Pyphen is a pure Python module to hyphenate text using existing Hunspell hyphenation dictionaries.
This module is a fork of python-hyphenator, written by Wilbert Berendsen.
Many dictionaries are included in pyphen, they come from the LibreOffice git repository and are distributed under GPL, LGPL and/or MPL. See the dictionaries and the libreoffice's repository for more details.
- Free software: GPL 2.0+/LGPL 2.1+/MPL 1.1 tri-license
- For Python 3.5+, tested on CPython and PyPy
- Documentation: https://pyphen.org
- Changelog: https://github.com/Kozea/pyphen/releases
- Code, issues, tests: https://github.com/Kozea/pyphen
- Code of conduct: https://www.courtbouillon.org/code-of-conduct
- Professional support: https://www.courtbouillon.org
- Donation: https://opencollective.com/courtbouillon
Copyrights are retained by their contributors, no copyright assignment is required to contribute to Pyphen. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion is licensed under GPL 2.0+/LGPL 2.1+/MPL 1.1, without any additional terms or conditions. For full authorship information, see the version control history.