Reusable Gold Testing System
Reusable Gold testing system, or autest for short, is a testing system targeted toward gold file, command line process testing.
- Easy to write and add tests
- Extensible system to allow:
- Adding new functionality for testing your application
- Batch commands as a new function to make it easier to write tests
- Define custom report outputs
- Precise as possible error messages to make it easy to see what is wrong fast
- Sandbox to make it easy to see what failed and reproduce out of test system
- Flexible gold file synatx to make it easier to ignore text that is not important
- Run on python 2 or 3
The Reusable Gold testing system is not about making another unit testing framework.
How do I get set up?
Make sure you have python installed
To install run the command to get latest published version:
pip install autest
To install the latest development version, run the command:
pip install git+https://bitbucket.org/autestsuite/reusable-gold-testing-system.git
In the directory containing the tests run:
Quick start for creating a test
Read documentation to learn how to use write and use AuTest in more detail ( docs are being rewritten )
- Feel free to suggest fixes or ask question
- Have a fix submit a pull request!