collective.workspace package for providing 'membership' in specific areas of a Plone Site.
It allows you to grant people access to areas of content using a membership group rather than local roles for each user, and to delegate control over that group to people who don't have access to the site-wide user/group control panel.
collective.workspace provides a
collective.workspace.team_workspace behavior that can be enabled for any Dexterity content type. When enabled, it adds a "Roster" tab which is where you can manage the team.
All the functionality takes place via an IWorkspace adapter, which can be overridden to specify:
- A list of groups, and the roles that each group should receive. These groups are created automatically via a PAS plugin, and automatically granted local roles using a borg.localrole adapter.
- The schema for which fields should be stored for each member in the roster. This includes checkboxes for the groups, to determine which groups the member is in.
- Action links for each row in the roster. The default is an "Edit" link which brings up a popup to edit the fields for that person's roster membership.
- Action buttons at the bottom of the roster which apply to the rows the user selects. An example of this could be a 'Send email' action, so a roster admin can easily email users in the roster.
Unlike similar previous packages (see slc.teamfolder and collective.local.*), collective.workspace supplies its own PAS groups plugin, instead of using standard Plone groups. This means that you can prevent Workspace-specific groups from appearing in the sitewide group control panel.
Some other features are:
- Membership in a roster is indexed, so you can search the catalog for items of portal_type X that have a particular user in their roster.
- Events are fired when roster memberships are added/modified/removed.
- Add collective.workspace to your buildout eggs.
- Install collective.workspace in the 'Add-ons' section of Plone's Site Setup.
- Enable the behaviour on your dexterity content type (Either using GenericSetup or Site Setup -> Dexterity Content Types).
For Plone 5.1 and 5.2 you should use version 3.x. For Plone 4.3 and 5.0 you should use version 2.x.
Custom Workspace Groups
The default groups available on a workspace are 'Guests', 'Members', and 'Admins'.
You can customise the groups that are available editing the registry record