- Provides easy control over project packaging process using configuration file called project.json (like pom.xml in maven)
- Debian files generation only, for even more customized builds.
- Solves the problem of python projects need debian dependencies to work.
- Making your code run as a Linux daemon with just few simple steps.
- Greatly simplifies the packaging and deployment process.
- Package version management in SemVer standard (http://semver.org/)
What does it do
Creates debian binary packages out of any project, no metter what language. Do not really follow Debian packaging policy or all the packaging guidelines. Provides an easy way to configure, manage and create a deb package that can be deployed on Linux.
By adding project.json file to any project, debpackager will create debian out of it.
If you have a python project you can set the type in the configuration to 'python', and debpackager will create and package virtualenv with your project out of your requirements.txt.
supports custom maintainer scrips and init/upstart, for making your project run as a linux service.
- Python >=2.7
sudo apt-get install dh-make
pip install debpackager
Must have project.json at your project root directory
usage: debpackager build [-h] [--install-dependencies] [--no-clean] [-t] [-p] [-v] optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --install-dependencies install deb dependencies before build (used for python virtualenv creation) --no-clean leave behind everything used to create the debian package. -t , --type set project type, default: auto detect -p , --path set path to project, default: current location -v , --version set version manually
usage: debpackager generate [-h] [-p] [-v] optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -p , --path set path to project, default: current location -v , --version set version manually
By participating in this project you agree to abide by its terms.