discogs-cli bring the Discogs.com database to your terminal. Perform the following actions from your terminal
- Search artists, releases, labels
- View artist information and their releases
- View label details and its associated releases
- View a release in detail
Access to search functionality
Discogs requires authentication when accessing the search APIs. If you wish to use the search functionality, you're required to generate a personal access token for your discogs.com account. You can do so at https://www.discogs.com/settings/developers by clicking generate new token.
Before starting your application set the
TOKEN shell variable. where
sys64738 is your unique access token.
$ export TOKEN=sys64738
To install from the github source, please ensure you've created a virtual environment.
$ virtualenv ~/.virtualenv/discogs-cli $ source ~/.virtualenv/discogs-cli/bin/activate
Fetch and install the package from github
$ pip install git+https://github.com/jesseward/discogs-cli.git
Once installed, run
discogs-cli to launch the interactive command prompt.
To launch commands from the console
$ ogs <command> [params] [options]
- Currently runs on a Unix like operating system only (Linux/OSX). If you can test and patch use for windows, please log a pull request.
discogs-cli builds upon the following awesome Python libraries
- The python-prompt-toolkit https://github.com/jonathanslenders/python-prompt-toolkit
- Discogs.com api client https://github.com/discogs/discogs_client
- Haxor-news string completion library https://github.com/donnemartin/haxor-news