Amazon Alexa Flash Briefings for Django
flashbriefing provides models for feeds and feed items, a view to render the JSON feed, and default admin configuration.
It's on PyPI:
pipenv install django-flashbriefing
Add to INSTALLED_APPS:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'flashbriefing', ... )
Add a route to urls.py:
urlpatterns = [ ... url(r'^briefings/', include('flashbriefing.urls')), ... ]
python manage.py migrate
The feed URL can found by clicking View on Site on the Django admin Feed edit
page or by accessing
get_absolute_url() on a feed instance. This is the
URL that will need to be registered with Amazon.
Registering with Amazon
- Login to the Amazon Developer Console.
- Click Alexa in the main navigation.
- Under Alexa Skills Kit, click Get Started.
- Under Skill Type, select Flash Briefing Skill API.
- Under Configuration, click Add new feed and add information about the feed, including the URL of the feed from the application.