Splash screen middleware for Django apps
Checks incoming requests, to redirect users to a configured splash screen URL if they don't have the proper cookie set. This can be used to display a small marketing landing page, protect an alpha website from the public eye, make an announcement, etc.
Add the application to the INSTALLED_APPS:
python INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... # Splash screen 'splash', )
Add the middleware to the configuration:
python MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = ( ... 'splash.middleware.SplashMiddleware', )
Run the migrations:
$ ./manage.py migrate splash
Then go to your Django admin, in http://yourserver/admin/splash/splashconfig/add/ and configure the following variables:
- enabled: To activate the feature
- cookie_name: The name of the cookie
- cookie_allowed_values: The user cookie value must match one of the values to not be redirected to the splash screen URL
- unaffected_users: Users which should never be redirected (usernames)
- redirect_url: The URL the users should be redirected to when they don't have the right cookie
The code in this repository is licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0 unless otherwise noted.
LICENSE.txt for details.
How To Contribute
Contributions are very welcome.
Please read How To Contribute for details.
Even though they were written with
edx-platform in mind, the guidelines
should be followed for Open edX code in general.
Reporting Security Issues
Please do not report security issues in public. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question about this repository, or about Open edX in general? Please refer to this list of resources if you need any assistance.