Analytics API Engines Python SDK
Use this library to integrate with FactSet's Analytics APIs. Below APIs are supported by this SDK.
- auto-generated-sdk - Auto-generated code using Analytics API Engines SDK Generator
- examples - Sample project containing code snippets to quickly get started with the SDK
- tests - Integration tests
- Python 3.4 or higher
Install the latest SDK using pip:
pip install fds.analyticsapi.engines
Alternatively, download or clone this repository and install the SDK by running Setuptools in the SDK installation directory:
git clone https://github.com/factset/analyticsapi-engines-python-sdk.git cd auto-generated-sdk python setup.py install --user
Refer examples project for sample code snippets to quickly get started with the SDK
First, clone the repo locally and
cd into the directory.
git clone https://github.com/factset/analyticsapi-engines-python-sdk.git
Then, to make local package in
auto-generated-sdk accessible to the tests, you have to build and register them in pip
cd auto-generated-sdk/ python setup.py sdist pip install .
Next, install dependencies that the tests directory needs.
cd tests/ pip install -r requirements.txt
Before running the tests, set the below environment variables. Use the Developer Portal Manage API Keys page to get these values.
export ANALYTICS_API_USERNAME_SERIAL = "username-serial" export ANALYTICS_API_PASSWORD = "apikey"
Run the tests with below command.
python -m test
**note when checking out different branches, you will have to re-install the auto-generated-sdk directory before running tests again
cd auto-generated-sdk/ pip list # to view what version of fds.analyticsapi.engines is installed pip uninstall fds.analyticsapi.engines <version> python setup.py sdist pip install .
- Files in auto-generated-sdk directory are auto-generated and should not be manually edited here. Refer Analytics API Engines SDK Generator for instructions on how to modify these files.
- Projects examples and tests are open to enhancements and bug fixes. Please create a pull requests with the proposed changes.