A CLI tool and Python library for Airtable
Airtable is the best, but sometimes (nay, oftentimes) a web interface is not the best for a workflow. Airtable provides a handy and comprehensive API for downloading and uploading JSON data. Firetable is meant to bridge Airtable and the command line with:
- a git-esque command line tool that supports standard UNIX pipes' and
- a Python library for using the API directly.
It's called Firetable to preserve the namespace rights in case the Airtable folks want to hand down a blessed airtable.py package someday, and because I hope to eventually expand this package beyond the simple API stuff into integration with pandas, reportlab, etc.
Things that are Working Right Now
- Download a complete table
- Download a table view
- Download a table restricted to specified fields
- Add support for sort and filterByFormula parameters.
- Add support for POST requests.
- Download data and convert to YAML or Markdown.
- Open temp file in default text editor.
- Convert back to JSON and upload data.