A rough Python GeoRSS (Geographically Encoded Objects for RSS feeds) decoder.
GeoRSSy is a very rough (but powerfull!) decoder for the GeoRSS (Geographically Encoded Objects for RSS feeds) standard.
For information about GeoRSS: http://www.georss.org/
How to install
To install GeoRSSy, simply:
$ pip install georssy
How to use
To use georss, simply:
from georssy import GeoRssDecoder ... georss_entry = GeoRssDecoder( parent_node = r, polygons_over_boxes = True ) tmp = georss_entry.polygon_list
How to Contribute
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug.
- Fork the repository on GitHub to start making your changes to the master branch (or branch off of it).
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request and ask the maintainer to merge and publish it.
GeoRSSy is a very young project, so there's a lot of things to do! This is a short TO-DO list:
- accept URL to a remote/local XML as input files
- GML: add "Coordinate Reference System" attributes implementation (and add new tests)
- check Python 3 compatibility