Python Client for Google Cloud Data Catalog API
Google Cloud Data Catalog API: Google Cloud Data Catalog API provides features to attach metadata to Google Cloud Platform resources like BigQuery Tables. Key critical resources include: Entries (Data Catalog representation of a cloud resource).
In order to use this library, you first need to go through the following steps:
- Select or create a Cloud Platform project.
- Enable billing for your project.
- Enable the Google Cloud Data Catalog API.
- Setup Authentication.
Install this library in a virtualenv using pip. virtualenv is a tool to create isolated Python environments. The basic problem it addresses is one of dependencies and versions, and indirectly permissions.
With virtualenv, it's possible to install this library without needing system install permissions, and without clashing with the installed system dependencies.
pip install virtualenv virtualenv <your-env> source <your-env>/bin/activate <your-env>/bin/pip install google-cloud-datacatalog
pip install virtualenv virtualenv <your-env> <your-env>\Scripts\activate <your-env>\Scripts\pip.exe install google-cloud-datacatalog
- Read the Client Library Documentation for Google Cloud Data Catalog API API to see other available methods on the client.
- Read the Google Cloud Data Catalog API Product documentation to learn more about the product and see How-to Guides.
- View this repository’s main README to see the full list of Cloud APIs that we cover.