Gravitational-wave Electromagnetic Optimization
The code currently can:
- interact with gracedb, download the skymaps, read them etc.
- read telescope configuration files with location, FOV, limiting magnitude, exposure times, etc.
- create the tiling based on telescope configuration (MOC, Shaon's method).
- generate exposure time as a function of tile, which accounts for number of hours available.
- perform scheduling to include most of the requested exposures
- test the efficiency of the tiling, exposure time method choices, for a given lightcurve.
Current planned improvements / open questions:
- Include moon and sky brightness when scheduling
- How to improve scheduling when multiple (and different numbers of exposures are expected)
- How to use WAW when inclination is not immediately available
- How to include distance estimates as function of sky location in PEM
Salafia et al: https://arxiv.org/abs/1704.05851
Coughlin and Stubbs: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10686-016-9503-4