Did you migrate from Hipchat to Slack and now miss the funny emojis? Your problems are over!
- We use splinter to make the browser interactions needed to upload the emojis and as we are using only chromedriver for now, you have to first follow these instructions to setup chromedriver in your machine.
- Make sure to create and activate a Python 3 virtualenv, then type the following:
(venv) $ pip install hip2slack-emoji
You need thre environment variables:
- SLACK_TEAM: your Slack team's name as in https:/.slack.com/
- SLACK_EMAIL: your Slack email
- SLACK_PASS: your Slack password
So you can run by doing this:
(venv) $ env SLACK_TEAM=yourslackteam SLACK_EMAILfirstname.lastname@example.org SLACK_PASS=yourslackpass catchemall
If you want, you can just run:
(venv) $ catchemall
And you will get an interactive prompt asking for Slack info.
Make sure you have permissions in your team to upload emojis.