A minimal Python HipChat client with command-line interface.
hipchav from source, or using
pip install hipchav
Then you'll need to configure it with your HipChat API key:
or for the v2 API:
HipChav currenly only supports two functions, listing rooms and sending messages.
$ hipchav.py rooms Developers Whole company Bots only
Messages are quite straight-forward to send:
$ hipchav.py message 'Whole company' 'Freshly baked cookies in the kitchen'
You can also change their color and send notifications to people in the room:
$ hipchav.py message --color=red --notify 'Developers' 'Um, the build is broken'
With the v1 API, you can also choose who the message appears from:
$ hipchav.py message --from=Glados 'Whole company' 'Dispensing deadly neurotoxin'
Check its usage information for full options:
$ hipchav.py --help
- Install as both a script and a module
- Support HTML messages using the
- Also support v1 API, autodetect based on environment variables present
- For v1 API, support the from field with the
- You'll need to update
- Initial release, supports listing rooms and messaging with color and notifications